Thursday 24 September 2015

A-England - Order of the Garter

A-England is a brand I've been following for a while, admiring the very royal feeling English theme. A few weeks ago I took advantage of their September Festival offer and finally placed my first order. I opted for the letter L: 'Order of the Garter' and 'Gloriana' along with a third polish of my choice - 'Crown of Thistles'. 

Today I have swatches of 'Order of the Garter', a deep royal blue with a lighter blue shimmer running through. Read on to find out more!

A-England 'Order of the Garter' @acertainbeccaa
The formula was smooth and dried shiny, although it did apply fairly sheer and streaky on the first coat. I ended up using three coats (you may only need two for shorter nails) and added a coat of topcoat to intensify the shimmer. All pictures are three coats and topcoat.

A-England 'Order of the Garter' @acertainbeccaa
A-England 'Order of the Garter' @acertainbeccaa
A-England 'Order of the Garter' @acertainbeccaa
I wasn't sure which of the three A-England polishes to try first, so I let my boyfriend choose - he ALWAYS picks blue. Honestly, most of the darker blue polishes I own were chosen by him. It's not normally a colour I gravitate towards for polish. However having said that, this is absolutely stunning. I love the addition of the lighter blue shimmer.

You can find 'Order of the Garter' on the A-England website here. Let me know what you think in the comments below.

See you in the next post!
Becca x

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I like the look of that brand, will have to add to my wish list. Your nails are such a lovely length Becca. I'm very impressed you have a boyfriend willing to choose a shade, after almost 25 years of marriage I'm used to the response of "whatever" lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some sets available for quite good prices and it's all free delivery so definitely worth a look! Awh thank you Lola. I'm wondering when to stop growing them and file them down. Not creepy long yet? Haha! He buys me polish, chooses polish, he's even one of my bloglovin followers! X

      Delete