Thursday 3 September 2015

Summer Ice Lolly Nails

Hello! So I know it's September, but I'm not quite ready to say goodbye funky neon nails. I do tend to wear bright colours all year round, but much more so in the summer months. I thought I'd do a final super summery mani before giving in to some darker autumn colours. Find out more after the jump!

Summer Ice Lolly Nails @acertainbeccaa

I started with a base of Myalee London 'Hot Pink' (swatches and review of their Rainbow Collection here). This has been on my nails since I originally swatched it four days ago. It had yet to chip or dull and I am still loving the colour - so I decided to just stamp over it.

Myalee London 'Hot Pink' @acertainbeccaa
I had a look through my stamping plates for something fun and summery. Moyou London's Princess Plate 11 (on their website here) caught my eye, specifically the image full of cute little ice lollies and ice creams (third in on the top row).
Moyou London Princess Plate 11 @acertainbeccaa
Using Sally Hansen Insta-Dry 'Lightening' and my rectangular squishy moyou stamper, I stamped the ice lollies on my middle and ring fingers. This didn't come out as bright and obvious as I expected, but I like it!

Stamping with Sally Hansen Insta-Dry 'Lightening'
While looking for some yellow nail art crystals to make the stamping pop, I found my fimo canes. These are long sticks with small pictures/shapes running all the way through. I have a bag of varying designs, here's a quick look:

Fimo Canes @acertainbeccaa
Among these, I found a super cute ice lolly design to match my stamping perfectly. I'd never actually used any fimo canes before - perfect excuse to try! I cut little slices and stuck them onto my nails using little drops of topcoat. Now I will admit I had some issues with this. The first few I cut were either too thick, too thin, or just wonky. I tried again with a sharp knife and the slices came out much better.

Ice Lolly Fimo Slices @acertainbeccaa
 Here's a look the finished design again:

Summer Ice Lolly Nails @acertainbeccaa
I'm not sure if I actually like the fimo pieces. They are very obvious lumps on my nail (maybe I cut them too thickly) and I feel they might catch something and ping off. I may end up picking them off myself at some point.

What do you think? Do you like fimo? And are you ready to say goodbye to bright nails? Let me know!

Hope to see you in the next post!
Becca x

No comments:

Post a Comment