Tuesday 3 November 2015

September Nailbox 'Creepy Colours' - Swatches

Oops! This is a bit late! I've had Septembers nailbox for nearly six weeks and haven't done a proper swatch post (see my unboxing here). The Creepy Colours theme gave us three polishes perfect for Halloween designs throughout October. Read on for more info and full swatches! 



I want to quickly apologise for the awful lighting in my pictures! By the time I get home from work now it is already pitch black outside, and my indoor lighting isn't great. I need to invest in a lightbox or a daylight lamp for the winter. If you have any tips/tricks or suggestions please let me know!

Back to the swatches. First up is black creme 'Taxi Cab' from True Brit London. I hadn't heard of this brand before and now I want all of their polishes! 'Taxi Cab' applies super smoothly and dries shiny. It is so opaque that people with shorter nails could probably get away with one coat! I used two coats and topcoat.

True Brit London 'Taxi Cab' @acertainbeccaa

Next is Sinful ProShine 'Show Off'. This was another brand I hadn't yet heard of. I've seen so many good reviews of this polish, but I wasn't so sure myself. The colour is gorgeous and I love the shimmer, but I found it really thick so it was a bit tricky to apply. Hopefully I just have a bad bottle! It was so close to being opaque in one coat (probably due to the thickness). I used two coats and topcoat.
 
Sinful ProShine 'Show Off' @acertainbeccaa

Last up is Nails Inc 'Queen Victoria Street'. This is a more of a true green than it appears in pictures. In brighter lighting it does lean a bit more on the teal side, but not as much as I thought it would. This had a nice smooth formula and dried quickly. I used two coats and topcoat.

Nails Inc 'Queen Victoria Street' @acertainbeccaa

There we go! I think my favourite has to be True Brit London's 'Taxi Cab'. I've used it the most out of the three so far, and I love how easy it is to apply. I did get another polish from True Brit London in this months Meebox (post here) so I'm excited to try it out! What about you - what is your favourite? And if you subscribe yourself, how did you find the formula of 'Show Off'?

Hope to see you in the next post!
Becca x

No comments:

Post a Comment