Thursday 7 January 2016

Santa's Secret Sack Unboxing (Unsacking?)

Hello lovelies! While I'm slowly unpacking all of my polish goodies I thought I'd start off with the unboxing/unsacking of my Santa's Secret Sack - a mystery sack of indie Christmas polishes, organised by Jen from SuperChic Lacquer. The polishes were wrapped so nicely inside a gorgeous red velvet sack that I couldn't bring myself to open them. I actually went my whole holiday and even came home without knowing what was inside!


How cute are all of the individually wrapped polishes?! Hopefully someone somewhere will understand why I couldn't open them straight away - or am I just weird? I also avoided looking at the business cards as to keep the brands a surprise! Read on to find out what was inside after I finally caved in and unwrapped them all!

Just incase anyone was interested, here's a quick look at the sack itself - it looks exactly like a santa sack, yet is tiny and so adorable!


As well as my polishes, I received a nail file and Pure Argan & Clove cuticle oil from SuperChic Lacquer. I have quickly tested the cuticle oil and it sunk in really quickly while leaving my cuticles looking really good! I'll definitely be using this up as the cold has been taking it's toll on my hands.

SuperChic Lacquer Nail File & Cuticle Oil @acertainbeccaa

My first polish was LynBDesigns 'Long Winter's Nap'  (online here) from the 'Twas The Night' trio. It is described as a "navy glass fleck in a sheer black jelly base with golden galaxy holo and linear holo". This looks like the perfect night sky polish. It is also my first from the brand so I can't wait to try it out.

LynB Designs 'Long Winter's Nap' @acertainbeccaa

Next up is Spellbound Nails 'You'll Shoot Your Eye Out' (online here), a mix of silver holographic glitter in shreds, various hexes, large dots, and squares. I'm a bit ashamed to admit I'd never heard of this brand, so I'm off to check them properly out after this post!

Spellbound Nails 'You'll Shoot Your Eye Out' @acertainbeccaa

My third polish is Philly Loves Lacquer 'Don't Eat The Yellow Snow', a mix of what looks like pink, black and white glitter of various shapes in a creamy yellow base. I'm excited to try this one as I don't have anything like it - and the name really amuses me!

Philly Loves Lacquer 'Don't Eat The Yellow Snow' @acertainbeccaa

Lastly, I received Frenzy Polish 'Dancer', a stunning purple holographic full of rose gold looking flakes. I was super excited to unwrap this as I have recently fallen in love with Frenzy. I haven't actually tried any of their polishes yet but I do have a fair few in my suitcase ready to be hauled and worn!

Frenzy Polish 'Dancer' @acertainbeccaa

I'm super impressed with my Santa sack! I love the fact that the contents are kept a mystery, it gives you the chance to try brands or polishes that you wouldn't normally pick out yourself. Have you tried any of the brands mentioned? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you think!

Santa's Secret Sack Polishes @acertainbeccaa

Hope to see you in the next post!
Becca x

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Great post hun all of these polishes look lush. Can't wait to see them swatched x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, I don't know which one I want to use first! x

      Delete
  2. I've heard of the spellbound brand from somewhere. But couldn't tell you, the colours looks amazing, not sure about the yellow snow one,,
    Great post Becca :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does ring a bell but I wasn't 100% sure! I'm really curious to see how that one swatches, I'll either love it or hate it lol! x

      Delete
  3. These look so nice, never heard of any of these brands. - Hayleysnails123 / A Nail Polish Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had heard a few of them, but only have polishes from Frenzy! Quite excited as I love trying new brands :) x

      Delete