Monday 5 September 2016

August's 'Boho' MeeBox Mani (Turquoise Stone)

Hi lovelies! I'm back today with my nail art for August's 'Boho' MeeBox. You can see my initial unboxing post here, and my swatches of each polish here. At first I was unsure on how to use this month's polishes together, and I really had no idea what to do with the metallic foil. But then I had a brainwave - turquoise stone nails! Read on to find out more, and see how I achieved my look.

August's 'Boho' MeeBox Mani - Turquoise Stone @acertainbeccaa

I started with a base of Barry M 'Green Berry'. This is literally the perfect turquoise stone colour (for me anyway!). Below is two coats and topcoat. As I mentioned in my swatch post, this is much richer and greener in person.

Barry M 'Green Berry' @acertainbeccaa

I then applied liquid leatex (my new favourite latex!) to all of my fingers, before it got messy! My first step was to create gold veins using Zoya 'Aggie'. I dipped a scrunched up piece of plastic wrap into a couple of drops of polish, and dabbed it randomly onto each nail.

August's 'Boho' MeeBox Mani - Turquoise Stone @acertainbeccaa

The next step was adding marbled black veins. Keeping with this month's polishes, I substituted in Cuccio 'Prince I've Been Gone'. I added one drop of the Cuccio polish into a cup of room temperature water, before quickly spraying it with hairspray and dipping my nails in.

August's 'Boho' MeeBox Mani - Turquoise Stone @acertainbeccaa

I could have finished here, but I really wanted to try out the Miss Cat Nails metallic leaf. I thought this was a perfect opportunity, as I could use it to create brighter gold flakes. The pot we received contains one big foil sheet. I carefully pulled little pieces off with tweezers, and placed them randomly on my nails with topcoat. I then topcoated over everything to seal it all in.

August's 'Boho' MeeBox Mani - Turquoise Stone @acertainbeccaa
August's 'Boho' MeeBox Mani - Turquoise Stone @acertainbeccaa

What do you think? Honestly, this has to be my favourite mani in a long time. This was my first time trying the turquoise stone look. I wasn't too sure on it in the first couple of stages, but it really came together in the end! I've had this on since Thursday and I'm not planning on taking it off anytime soon!

As some of you may know, I'm off on holiday to the U.S. to see my Dad. I will be away from Wednesday for just under two weeks, but luckily have plenty of lovely ladies guest posting for me while I'm gone. Make sure you check back to see what they have in store for us!

Hope to see you in the next post!
Becca x 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

9 comments:

  1. Love this look, it's stunning. I can't believe I didn't think of it myself. I may have to copy it.
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this mani, you did such a geat job hun :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooo cool! I love it! The turquoise, gold and black work perfectly and it looks amazing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat! I was really happy how it all came together! x

      Delete
  4. I can't get enough of turquoise nail art and cannot wait to try it myself

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUUUUUTE! I really like how this turned out!!

    ReplyDelete