Friday, 14 October 2016

26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Blue & Silver

Hi lovelies! Today's post is something a little bit different. I recently got asked by the lovely Bethany (B Nailed To Perfection) to join the new round of 26 Great Nail Ideas/Crumpets Nail Tarts Challenge. I've never done a proper nail art challenge before so thought it would be fun. It's a year long challenge with themes every two weeks, the first of which is today. So here's my mani for the blue and silver theme - which I've made Halloween-y, of course! Read on to find out more!

26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Blue & Silver @acertainbeccaa

I started with a base of Essie 'Avenue Mountain'. This is 99.9% a one coater. You could definitely get away with a single coat, but I couldn't seem to leave it. I had some very very minor patches so added a second coat. Below is two coats and topcoat.

Essie 'Avenue Mountain' @acertainbeccaa

Using a sponge, I created a gradient with Barry M 'Blue Grape' and Essie 'Avenue Mountain'. Both are very opaque polishes, so it was easy to build them up. The gradient is a bit more obvious in person than in the photographs below.

26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Blue & Silver @acertainbeccaa

I topcoated to blend the colours together more subtly.

26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Blue & Silver @acertainbeccaa

I then stamped my graveyard design. I used my Born Pretty Store clear stamper and scraper (reviewed here), and Barry M 'Silver Foil'. I stamped the haunted house from MoYou London festive plate 15 onto my ring finger, and various parts of the graveyard image from Ejiubas plate EJB-04 onto the rest. I finished by sealing everything in with topcoat.

26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Blue & Silver @acertainbeccaa
26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Blue & Silver @acertainbeccaa

What do you think? I think it came out really well! I really love playing around with spooky and fun designs for Halloween, so I'm happy I managed to fit one into the blue and silver theme. I'm also excited to finally be taking part in a nail art challenge. I'll be back in two weeks with the next theme - no spoilers!

Hope to see you in the next post!
Becca x

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


17 comments:

  1. I really like the subtle gradient! Beautiful blending job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I couldn't believe I managed to blend them so smoothly lol! x

      Delete
  2. Your gradient is so subtle and soft, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous mani hun :) I love that we have the same brain lol that Eddie is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I love how we end up doing such similar designs x

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous mani hun :) I love that we have the same brain lol that Eddie is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant mani hun. You and Kirsty are so in sync lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We do keep doing the same haha! xx

      Delete
  6. Love this mani & it's such a beautiful theme xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky :) I do like the look of the themes for this challenge xx

      Delete
  7. Lovely gradient. Mingle look so smooth.

    ReplyDelete