Monday, 5 December 2016

Owl & Feather Stamping (Born Pretty Store Review)

*Press Sample*
Hello! Today I'm back with another Born Pretty Store review for you (if you missed my previous post, you can find it here). This time I have three different items to share - two small stamping plates, and a chocolate brown stamping polish. I used them all together to create my owl mani below. Read on to find out more!

Owl & Feather Stamping @acertainbeccaa

I started off with a base of China Glaze 'Pink Or Swim'. I've used this as a base colour for a few different manis and glitter toppers, it's such a pretty muted pink. It does have a bit of a thick formula but it's nothing too hard to work with. It also dries fairly glossy. Below is two coats without topcoat.

China Glaze 'Pink Or Swim' @acertainbeccaa
China Glaze 'Pink Or Swim' @acertainbeccaa

Before I get into the stamping, here's a look at the two plates. One is a square plate full of cute little owls (item #29987, online here), and the other a circle plate with a dreamcatcher pattern (item #29544, online here). I thought the two would pair together really nicely.

Born Pretty Store Stamping Plates @acertainbeccaa

To stamp using my Born Pretty Store clear stamper (previously reviewed here) and the brown stamping polish (item #27284, online here). I had no problems picking up from either plate, and the polish both picked up and transferred easily. I stamped a singular owl on both my middle and ring nails, feathers from the dreamcatcher plate to my index and pinky.

Owl & Feather Stamping @acertainbeccaa

What do you think? Aren't they cute! It took me a while to decide what base colour to use (I was also debating nude, yellow and orange), but I think the pink worked really well. Again I had no issues with either of the plates or the polish, and all worked great first time. I can happily recommend picking them all up!

Hope to see you in the next post!
Becca x 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

36 comments:

  1. So beautiful, those owls are so cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stamping is so clean and vivid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got an owl plate from them but the images are different. I still need this one....and I'm not even a big owl fan! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me neither but look how cute they are! x

      Delete
  4. I love the base shade and the owls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!! This is sooooooo adorable!!! That color combo is just amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nina! It's such a cute plate! x

      Delete
  6. I love how you used these plates together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the owls and your stamping is impeccable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! That pink is beautiful on you! Pairing it with a brown was the perfect thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I wasn't convinced it would work but yay! lol x

      Delete
  9. I love owls! This mani is so cute - I want an owl stamping plate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend grabbing this one, it's so cheap and works so well! x

      Delete
  10. Those stamps are TOO cute!! LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. It took me ages to decide on the base colour! x

      Delete
  12. Oh my goodness, SOOOOO cute! And a really neat stamping plate to own!

    ReplyDelete