Monday 15 May 2017

Princess Nail Lacquer Haul & Swatches

Hello! Today I have swatches of four polishes from UK indie brand Princess Nail Lacquer. I recently ordered during a sale - I literally can't resist a bargain! I picked up three nice cheery spring shades. Ashleigh was also kind enough to add an extra polish into my order, keeping with my springy theme. Read on for full swatches and more info!

Princess Nail Lacquer Haul & Swatches @acertainbeccaa

'Love-A-Lot Bear' is a bright coral creme. This is from the I Wanna Be A Care Bear collection. The formula is slightly on the thick side, but still easy to apply. This also makes it very opaque. I had some slight streaks on the first coat so added a second. It didn't self level quite as much as I would have liked (although I didn't use basecoat). Below is two coats with topcoat.

Princess Nail Lacquer 'Love-A-Lot Bear' @acertainbeccaa
Princess Nail Lacquer 'Love-A-Lot Bear' @acertainbeccaa

'Mauve Mist' is a light dusty mauve creme, and was released as part of a mauve trio. This is the polish Ashleigh added in to my order. Again the formula is on the thicker side but isn't difficult to apply. This is completely opaque in one coat - which means it should stamp too! Below is one coat with topcoat.

Princess Nail Lacquer 'Mauve Mist' @acertainbeccaa
Princess Nail Lacquer 'Mauve Mist' @acertainbeccaa

'You Are My Sunshine' is a bright yellow creme. The formula is slightly thick but is easy to apply and opaque. Being a yellow it does start off streaky. A second coat evened most of the streaks out, although I did add a third  just to make sure. This dries really glossy. Below is three coats without topcoat.

Princess Nail Lacquer 'You Are My Sunshine' @acertainbeccaa
Princess Nail Lacquer 'You Are My Sunshine' @acertainbeccaa

'On Wednesdays We Wear Pink' is a hot pink with silver shimmer. Similar to the other three, the formula is fairly thick but is also very opaque. I felt it wasn't quite there on the first coat so added a second. The shimmer translates nicely to the nail. Below is two coats with topcoat.

Princess Nail Lacquer 'On Wednesdays We Wear Pink' @acertainbeccaa
Princess Nail Lacquer 'On Wednesdays We Wear Pink' @acertainbeccaa

What do you think? They're such lovely colours for this time of year. All four polishes did have what I'd consider thick formulas, but this is the trade off you get for the opacity. If I had to pick a favourite it would probably be 'Love-A-Lot Bear', it's such a gorgeous, bright colour!

Unfortunately as all four polishes were in the sale, they are no longer available. You can find newer Princess Nail Lacquer polishes on the website here. You can also follow the brand on Instagram here.

Hope to see you in the next post!
Becca x

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous swatches and polishes, fabulous post Hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous polishes and I love these colours!
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete